Friday, January 25, 2008

Quant, um.


I finished the Quant. I sort of wandered away from the directions, so it isn't perfect, and like most things I've knit following somebody else's pattern, it's sort of too big. If I don't tweak it right, it stands up like an old fashioned habit and makes me look like I should be ministering to sick hippies. But I love it. It doesn't squish my bun and it keeps the freezing wind off my ears and holds back those little wisps of hair that stick to my lipgloss. Also, I find something really comforting about big knitted headbands, and I need comforting right now.
In a few minutes, Andy will come get me and we'll go sign the lease and get the keys and the Great Schlep of '08 will begin. Over the years, I've grown used to loathing this apartment. It is beyond weird to think that tomorrow I will live somewhere else, on the other side of the river, in a better apartment. It's like shock Feng Shui.

No comments: